Re: Don't try this at home kids

On Lu, 29 nov 21, 22:42:01, David Wright wrote:

> You don't have to use sudo in the manner shown above. You can use
> it to allow certain users to run certain commands. I use it to run
> a defined set of routine commands without having to bother to switch
> to root, or to authenticate, or be careful, or be sober.

Considering sudoers syntax is less than intuitive an example might be in
order:

    # members of adm can run certain commands as root without supplying
    # a password
    Cmnd_Alias    ADM_COMMANDS = /usr/bin/dmesg, \
                                 /usr/bin/apt update, \
                                 /usr/bin/apt upgrade, \
                                 /usr/bin/apt autoremove --purge, \
                                 /usr/sbin/reboot, \
                                 /usr/sbin/poweroff

    %adm          ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: ADM_COMMANDS

(since /etc/sudoers is a conffile I prefer to have the above in a file
under /etc/sudoers.d/)

Kind regards,
Andrei