Re: Status of Bookworm

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021, 9:33 PM Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021, 9:03 PM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 12:30:52PM +1100, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> netinst is cli only

... what?  NO!

> try
>
> sudo tasksel
>
> and choose desktop options.  xfce is listed

The netinst image contains the same installer as the full DVD-1 image
does.

The task selection menu that you get at the end of an installation
is the same, whether you use netinst or DVD-1.  It makes no difference.
You can still install a Desktop Environment, or not, as you choose.

This may be User Error (as I am capable of making), but I did not notice the usual offer to use Network Mirrors to provide Graphical Environments.

This bugged me, so I blew away a separate Bullseye Minimal vm, so I could try that Testing version of netinst again.

I   *did*   make a User error. I somehow failed to get packages from the Network the first try.  Now, I am happily installing Bookworm on a second, Virtual Machine.  I am refreshing my memory of what lxde will look like.

Careful what options you choose.

Kenneth Parker