Re: stability level of testing

On 11/30/21 11:28 PM, daggs wrote:
Greetings,

I'm thinking of migrating my main server to Debian, I need stability and recent version of small number of pkgs.
in addition I need to recompile with a out of tree patch.
I had Debian stable before but replaced it because upgrade broke the system and the versions used for the mentioned above set of pkgs were too old for what I need.
I know that Testing has more recent pkgs version but I don't know how stable is it.

any info will be appreciate.

Thanks,

Dagg.

On 12/1/21 12:55 PM, daggs wrote:
> there will be 2 main facing the Internet connection, server's upgrade and the router vm.
> the rest is internal

What version of Debian are you running? What Debian packages? What hypervisor? Is the service in a VM? Are all of the other services in VM's? What service? What are you recompiling? What is the patch? What router software?

David