Re: Fwd: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

On Wed 24 Nov 2021 at 17:27:08 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2021 13:08:19 Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> > Folks have discussed list bounces like this one in this forum already.
> > I would like to draw the administrators' attention to
> > bendel.debian.org, as shown here. I can't see enough to diagnose it as
> > false positive or problem. Thanks
>
> The mail server at your ISP is bouncing it, call tech and have them
> whitelist bendel.debian.org.

I wouldn't have thought there was any use talking to your ISP about
posts arriving at gmail.com, or any other external mail host.

> That doesn't mean they don't send spam, cuz they do occasionally, but at
> least it won't send you threatening msgs to ignore. You'll then get the
> spam but spamassassin can handle that.

If it's really coming from the list (rather than being sent directly
to your harvested email address), then it should appear on the web at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/recent
where you can click on the 'Report as spam' link. I presume this is
the most convenient (ie automated) way for Debian to receive reports.

I don't see much threat in:

> >         1 bounce out of 149 mails in 7 days (0%, kick-score is 80%)

> > However: You can safely ignore this message (and you will not be
> > unsubscribed :-) ) if your bounce rate remains low.

Cheers,
David.