Re: Sound

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 12:03:20AM +0200, Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Hi again. Please help me get sound.
> Installed Debian again in my 2,1 Macbook from 2017, works, but no sound in
> internal speakers, or in headphones.
> Plugged in external speakers, which worked, but then disappeared.
> Pulse audio program is installed, but does not give response in the form of
> sound..
> BR,
> Gunnar G

Hi Gunnar,

OK. Not really enough information here to go on.

1. What version of Debian

2. What does Lspci report for the chipset / audio

3. Do you have a desktop environment loaded?

4. Shich one?

5. Does it have a settings app?

6. Does it work at all if you play, say, a YouTube video / has it ever worked?

If you can help us with information, we may be better able to help you.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater