Re: How to rotate screen AND input (consistently)

riveravaldez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm on Debian 11 in a ThinkPad X220 Tablet (convertible)
> and I need to rotate the display (both physically and GUI)
> which I do with:
>
> $ xrandr --output LVDS-1 --rotate inverted
>
> But then the input (trackpad/mouse, stylus, touchscreen, etc.)
> doesn't rotate accordingly, so it gets unusable...

Right, because for most cases, rotating a monitor doesn't mean
picking up your mouse and rotating it, too.

If you've got an external mouse, you'll see that works just
fine, but that defeats the point of a tablet.

> I've been reading different recommendations online
> but can't figure out which would be the best/proper/simpler
> approach to achieve this reliably (that hardware input
> stays consistent with the GUI in display when rotated).
>
> What should I do? Any hint?

I haven't done this, but I believe xinput is going to be your
friend. It can list devices, list properties, and set whatever
needs to be set.

The older way of doing this is to get into the Mouse section of
your xorg.conf.

Wayland has its own ways, which perhaps someone else can
explain.

-dsr-