Re: Update Debian 9 to Debian 11

Thanos Katsiolis wrote:
> I am a new user of Debian, and I have access to a PC that currently runs
> Debian 9.13.
> I want to update to a more recent version, since that is what is generally
> suggested, and for compatibility reasons too. Before I do the update, I
> have some questions.
>

>    1. Which version should I prefere, Debian 10 or 11 (I am asking because
>    Debian 11 are very recent)?
>    2. Does dual boot affect the update somehow?
>    3. What should I consider (if anything) during the update?

You must update to 10 before updating to 11.

There is no general reason why you should not update to 11.

It is more usual for an upgrade to another operating system to
cut off access to Debian, than the other way around. It does not
happen often, and is always fixable.

Debian has good documentation on upgrades in the installation
manual.

-dsr-