Re: Up-to-date Bullseye, Power Save turned Samsung T55 Monitor off. Couldn't wake it up

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 2:55 AM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sb, 09 oct 21, 01:13:32, Kenneth Parker wrote:

> Thank you all for your responses.  Fortunately, somebody else, I think on
> an Ubuntu forum (that I had googled), someone mentioned issues with
> light-locker.  And that purging it solved the issue.
>
> So I tried that, with success!
>
> What is the purpose of Light-Locker anyway?

To lock your screen and keep it that way until the correct password is
provided.

This situation occurred again, yesterday and today on my OTHER Desktop Computer.  It also has the light-locker package installed.  Fortunately, on this other system, I found a work-around, which was to turn off the Monitor, leave it off for a while and turn it back on.  So I am still testing this.  (In other words, I have not purged light-locker yet).

I wonder if light-locker hits the Monitor in a bad way, when putting it in Sleep Mode?  I'll get the Source Package and examine it, in addition to conducting further testing.

Best regards,

Kenneth Parker

Kind regards,
Andrei