Re: Service stuck at shutdow

Le 10/11/2021 à 20:01, Tixy a écrit :
On Wed, 2021-11-10 at 18:33 +0100, Erwan David wrote:
Since some time, I always have to wait 1 min 30 at shut down because
some service does not stop (for user erwan is said).

How can I debug this, know which service is blocking the shutdown ?
Assuming you system is using systemd then look at the logs for the last
boot with:

#journalctl -b-1

and scroll to the end where you will see what was going on during
shutdown. Errors will likely be highlighted in red (they are for me).

The times I've had hanging during shutdown is due to the network being
shut down before network filesystems are unmounted.

Thanks, for me the culprint is 'dconf worker' (I see it being killed with a 'timeout error') about 90s after preceding message.

I do not know where it comes from, I have dconf-service installed as a dependency of many things, thus it is not removable. However I do not find any messages about dconf, and what does not work correctly.

SO now the question is what the fuck is dconf doing, and how to correct it (and no I have no idea of how dconf works, and even what problem it is intended to solve.