Re: Install debian on USB-stick

Sim Sim wrote:
> Is possible to install debian-11.1.0-i386-netinst.iso on 16Gb USB2.0-stick?
> A minimal environment, of course. And productivity do not need, just
> curiosity.

You can:

- write that ISO to the stick and use it as an installer

OR

- boot that ISO and select a stick like that as the target disk

but not both at once.

16GB is enough room for a fair number of things; I have a
desktop PC here with lots of installed software where everytning
which is not /home fits in 16GB.

It will be fairly slow. A USB3 stick, if available, should be
faster, and a USB3-connected SSD quite usable in the short term.

-dsr-