Re: No DNS in Fedora Podman image on Debian 11

On Sun, 7 Nov 2021, Ulf Volmer wrote:
[...]
> podman run --rm --security-opt=seccomp=unconfined -it fedora:latest
>
> solves the issue for me.

That does work. Thanks!

Today I also found that this is actually a known issue:

It indicates that this is going to hit all Linux containers using
glibc >= 2.33. Fedora 35 is just the first casualty.

The upstream bug that's referenced there also provides a fix and that
has been integrated in the Podman that's in Debian Testing.
(I checked that there is no issue on Debian Testing)

However I don't know how to convert the 'correct' fix into something
usable with the Debian 11 Podman; and the Debian Testing Podman (3.4) is
not easily installable on Debian 11 (needs a newer libc). So until a fix
makes its way into Debian 11 your workaround will be quite useful.
So thanks again.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
                  Hell is empty and all the devils are here.