Re: [OT, deeply] Guix

> I'm not sure I'd call scheme a "plain text".

Interesting.  What I mean is a file that's intended to be manipulated by
a text editor rather than by some other program.  It might *also* be
manipulated by other programs, but often it makes things more complicated.

It usually means that its visual presentation is intended to be
human-readable (e.g. with indentation and comments to help understand
the structure and intention).
[ That's what makes it hard to manipulate with other programs, since
  you need to preserve layout and comments whose meaning relates to
  intentions (i.e. hard to formalize) and hence difficult to preserve
  other than by another human.  ]

        Stefan