Re: eMail Com Between Hosts on a Private Net

On Fri 22 Oct 2021 at 11:09:14 (-0500), Martin McCormick wrote:

> 	I was all ready to use .local as our domain name and then
> I looked that up and there is a good wikipedia article which
> explains how that is problematic and recommends using something
> like .lan, .office or something else that isn't likely to be
> registered as a top-level resolvable domain name.

The three strings that are the most certain never to be registered
as TLDs are .corp, .home and .mail.

https://features.icann.org/addressing-new-gtld-program-applications-corp-home-and-mail

I use .corp merely because it's not a Common Word, and so grepping
for it will hit the least number of false matches.

Cheers,
David.