Re: Trouble connecting to wifi, Debian 11

On 10/13/21 6:14 AM, kaye n wrote:
Hi Friends

I've installed Debian 11 LXQT in my hard drive.
I noticed connman does not automatically run on startup, which is fine.

I manually open Connman. It can detect my usb wifi adapter because under Wireless tab, it says

Wifi technologies: 1 Found,  1 powered

However under the same tab, all these buttons after greyed out:
Connect, Disconnect, Remove, Rescan

And I cannot see my router on the list below these buttons.

Tried connecting and disconnecting the usb wifi adapter, no change.

Tried using a pricier usb wifi adapter, same thing.

Tried plugging in a different usb port, same thing.

I had very little trouble connecting to wifi on Debian 10 xfce.

Should i just install Debian 11 xfce or is there a solution to this?

64-bit Debian, by the way.

Also, have the same issue on the live usb Debian 11 - cannot connect to wifi.
are you using the nonfree firmware ISO?

Bit off topic, Debian live usb comes with complete libreoffice except Base. The installed version on my hard drive has only libreoffice Draw, i think.  Is this normal?

Thank you for your time.