Trouble connecting to wifi, Debian 11

Hi Friends

I've installed Debian 11 LXQT in my hard drive.
I noticed connman does not automatically run on startup, which is fine.

I manually open Connman. It can detect my usb wifi adapter because under Wireless tab, it says

Wifi technologies: 1 Found,  1 powered

However under the same tab, all these buttons after greyed out:
Connect, Disconnect, Remove, Rescan

And I cannot see my router on the list below these buttons.

Tried connecting and disconnecting the usb wifi adapter, no change.

Tried using a pricier usb wifi adapter, same thing.

Tried plugging in a different usb port, same thing.

I had very little trouble connecting to wifi on Debian 10 xfce.

Should i just install Debian 11 xfce or is there a solution to this?

64-bit Debian, by the way.

Also, have the same issue on the live usb Debian 11 - cannot connect to wifi.

Bit off topic, Debian live usb comes with complete libreoffice except Base. The installed version on my hard drive has only libreoffice Draw, i think.  Is this normal?

Thank you for your time.