Re: Issue with kernel 5.10.0-9-*?

On Lu, 11 oct 21, 10:38:28, Hans wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
> It is the package "ntp".
>
> Please note, that the main goal for my first email was, to make sure, that it
> is really a bug and not a problem with my old "krude" hardware combination.
>
> If only I have this issue, it is ok. If most people got this issue, not good.
> And maybe many people even did not notice this issue. As I said, I just
> discoverd this by chance.

Even if only you are seeing it, it can still be a bug in some software,
that might be worth fixing. Generating excessive network traffic could
lead to e.g. DoS attacks.

Does the traffic disappear if you stop the ntp service? Has the ntp
package been updated at the same time? Do you get the same with other
NTP software?

(just standard troubleshooting suggestions)

Kind regards,
Andrei