Re: Then it happened to me...

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021, 6:30 AM Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:41:07 +0100
piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:

Hello piorunz,

>I took it from Wikipedia:

Taking stuff from a single wikipedia article without context or relevant
research is rarely a good idea.

Ugg. You're going to make me do the Old Geezer shtick again:

I was using online fora on the U of Illinois' Plato system in 1977. But that was the =2nd= generation of them. They connected with Plato systems across the country, the whole hemisphere. IIRC long distance was SDLC which IBM also used for long distance transport. Plato hardware was Control Data.

But I was IRC-like chatting in real-time with nerds in Germany using IBM mainframes in 1982.
:-D BEFORE IBM gave you the arch to rule them all and in the darkness bind you :-D

Ok, Intel helped......

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"