Re: Then it happened to me...

On 10/10/2021 17:13, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

Hi Piotr,

No - it's a nuisance. In this instance, it's an isolated nuisance - one VPS host in OVH.net which may be misconfigured, accidentally
or purposefully. Listmasters are aware - several of us have contacted them. It's an annoyance (much as when old-style spammers used
to harvest email addresses to apparently send spam from): it will go away again.

Forums work for some people, they don't for others - people have very different styles. Email is fairly readily mirrored, very searchable,
compresses well and the mailing lists are threaded. I can find mailing list postings from 23 years ago fairly readily - I can't find
posts on some forums from three months ago. As ever: Your ideal solution may be  somebody else's hell (and vice versa) and people can argue
merits either way until they're blue in the face with no absolute conclusion.

Thanks for your input. Your post has merit. I agree with most of what
you said.

I just wish Debian maintains online forums so people have a choice?
AFAIK https://forums.debian.net/ is not official, not long time ago they
didn't even had https. Now they do, but their main page debian.net still
incorrectly redirects to debian.org via http, not https. IDK who is the
operator but doesn't sound professional.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org