Re: Then it happened to me...

On Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2021 05:47:14 -03 piorunz wrote:

> On 10/10/2021 08:48, Brad Rogers wrote:

> > On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 08:33:03 +0100

> > piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:

> > Hello piorunz,

> >> Isn't it time to switch to online forums?

> > No.  'Newer' = 'better' is a false equivalency.

> First online forums were created, in fact, in 70s. Is that new to you?

> Also, forums don't suffer "you have been unsubscribed" problem. If

> they are not better, according to you, can you explain why not?

> --

> With kindest regards, Piotr.

> ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀

> ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system

> ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org

> ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hi Piotr,
from a user perspective:

Fora are only good for people with just one single interest. For people with multiple interests having to be subscribed to multiple fora is a hassle and getting to know all the different ways they work is a nightmare.
To save myself time I mostly take advantage of letting fora of interest send articles as email. If they allow posting via email I appreciate that. So what's the advantage of a forum? I mean: for me?
Usenet anybody? Just one newsreader to rule them all, killfile etc ...

regards
Eike ZP6CGE