Trackpad freezing in Bullseye on HP Laptop w/Celeron N4020 CPU

Hi Everyone,

I've got an HP laptop that is having a problem of the trackpad freezing randomly when using the machine.  If I plug an external mouse via USB or I do a <CTRL + ALT + F1> I can log back in and get the mouse working again.

It's annoying as it happens when you are working and is completely random when it does this.

One message that comes up in the logs is :

i8042: PNP: PS/2 appears to have AUX port disabled, if this is incorrect please boot with i8042.nopnp

cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep -i touchpad
N: Name="SYNA3296:00 06CB:CD50 Touchpad"

Any suggestions on how I could get the mouse to not freeze randomly?

Thanks in advance,

John