Re: Mouse left button acts really strange

Hi!

I have massive problems with my Logitech M705 - Or specifically with
the left mouse button. Sometimes (very often) singleclick becomes
double-click, dragging items is very hard, it drops the drag before I
release the mouse button. Clicking on the terminal icon in my xfce
panel often starts three terminals. The weird thing is that mouse
movement and the mousewheel works just fine. No problems there of any
kind.

This is independent of which program I use - in Claws Mail, the
Chromium browser, and also in virtualbox and Steam games.

This is on an up to date Debian 11 Bullseye (just upgraded to the first
point release), Xfce desktop, Nvidia graphicscard using the Nvidia
drivers on Xorg. All packages up-to-date with Debian 11.1.

On my latest boot of the system, it looked to me like the button acted
normally for about one minute, but then the usual crap started
happening again, so I assume that the mouse hardware is fine. (I have
also tried another mouse - same behaviour).

Mouse section in xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
     # generated from default
     Identifier     "Mouse0"
     Driver         "mouse"
     Option         "Protocol" "auto"
     Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
     Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

It was this earlier:
     Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"

- but no difference, independent on which "Device" I use there.

Please help me solve this problem!

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net

[Please don't CC me, if I mail to a mailinglist, I am subscribed to it.]
Proprietary things don't get really good, like mouse, so use a wired one.🙁