Ot: 6 or 7 nights to download a CD (was: Re: RJ-11 phone line)

On Thursday, October 07, 2021 07:43:02 AM Dan Ritter wrote:
> Note that a minimal Debian install is around 500 MB, which would
> take around 24 hours of a perfect 56K modem connection.

I can remember when I got a fast modem (I forget if it was 28 or 33 kbps) and
felt it was now reasonable to download an entire CD, doing it in 6 or 7 nights
(stopping it every morning to use the Internet for other stuff, restarting it
every night.)

(Wait, hopefully, that wasn't me that did that, maybe it was my grandfather
;-)