Re: Plasma config change?

Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2021, 12:55:49 CEST schrieben Sie:
I am answering myself. Still could not dircover, in which version of plasma
the settings were changed.

The other thing is: Do not delete the folder ~/.kde, because by default it
keeps all your mails in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/, which is the default
place for storing mails. However, you can move this folder to another place
and reconfigure kmail.

But, even then, you can not delete the folder ~/.kde, as plasma is still
needing it for some files (i.e. kde.globals). I believe, this is just a bug,
and believe, the developers might have overseen this.

Please note, I am still running debian/stable, which means, that the plasma
version is 5.20, whilst the development in testing or unstable is already
5.21.

So it looks like you will have either to upgrade to testing or unstable, or
just delete all configs below ~/.kde which are existent below ~/.config.

Maybe someone will write a transition script to get rid of unused config file
below ~/.kde. On the other hand, in about 2 years bookworm will be stable, and
maybe this issue will be solved automatically.

Cheers

Hans