Re: You have been removed from the list (repeatedly)

Hi Greg,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 04:40:41PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> My best guess is that someone is spamming debian-user, the messages are
> being sent to everyone, my local MTA's spam filters are blocking them,
> and the mailing list is getting mad at me for blocking the spam that it's
> sending to me.  This might not be the case, but it would explain why the
> messages aren't showing up in the web archive (they're removed because
> they're spam).

I believe this is the correct answer and answers all the previous
questions you asked, except what to do about it.

My approach is to have a hardcoded list of senders in my Exim
configuration whose emails I will silently discard instead of
rejecting during the SMTP conversation, if a reject decision is
reached.

It's not a great solution since rejecting during the SMTP
conversation is the right thing to do in the general case, but
Debian mailing lists are open and tend to receive quite a bit more
spam than your average closed Mailman list.

Cheers,
Andy