Re: unhappy upgrade

On Tue 05 Oct 2021 at 10:48:03 (-0400), Kenneth Parker wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 9:04 AM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> > Yes, apt-get was recommended for upgrading to stretch. Note however
> > that if you perform your next upgrades with apt, as recommended,
> > some of the command names (like dist-upgrade) will differ in apt.
> >

> I thought "dist-upgrade" is used to upgrade packages that need a "version
> change" (like, sometimes the Kernel).  Is this recent (i.e. Stretch?)

Over-caution on my part, I think, though there's never any harm in
checking the Release Notes for the correct command, and the man page
for what that does. I had mentioned aptitude in a previous post here,
and that does have incompatible command names, and ISTR side effects
as well, such as cleaning the cache.

Cheers,
David.