mic issues after upgrade to Debian 11

My mic used to work fine under Debian 9 and 10, but after upgrading to 11, people tell me that the audio coming out of my mic is really scratchy and bad to the point where if I do a video call, I'd have to use the phone for the audio part. Not sure where to even start with this... Is there an easy way (is it possible) to revert to the previous driver, somehow, the one that was there in Debian 10?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Luben