Re: Dependency check: qml-module-org-kde-newstuff

Hi Andrei,

thanks for the response.
> That would also make it very difficult to *not* install it for those who
> have a good reason not to.
>
> As per Debian Policy 7.1:
>
>     Recommends
>
>         This declares a strong, but not absolute, dependency.
>
>         The Recommends field should list packages that would be found
>         together with this one in all but unusual installations.
>

> What is so unusual about your installation that you decided to disable
> installation of recommends?

My installation is not unusual. However, I am using aptitude and my config
says "do not install recommended packages". Additionally I am using orphaner,
too, to get rid of unused libs and other packages, which are orphaned.

So it might be, that one of these deinstalled this packages. On the other
hand, even doing so, this should not be happened. And I guess, if this
packages is "depends", then it would be installes automatically, and not be
uninstalled by orphaner, too.

> > I hope, the package maintainers are reading this, too, so it may be fixed
> > and will not be necessary to file a bug.
>
> This list is meant for user support, mostly by other users. It's only
> role in relation to bugs is help reporters find the correct (or at least
> close enough) package to report the bug against, when this is not
> obvious.
>
> Filing a bug[1] is the preferred method to reach the Maintainer and at a
> minimum it helps documenting the issue.
>
> [1] Not that I would recommend (ha!) filing one for this particular
> case. KDE Maintainers already receive more reports than they can handle
> and for any such "please upgrade to Depends" reports there will be
> another person requesting the exact opposite.

I am not sure, if I should file a bugreport, as it is no real bug. As it
seems, that I am the only one, who got into this issue, and could easily fix
it for me, it seems, everything is ok (although in my personal eyes it is not,
but this is just my personal opinion!).

As you said, there are already too much bugreports, so no need to add an
unnecessary one.

So, just leave it as it is, and when many other people will run into this
issue, well, then there is just enough time to file a bugreport.

Take this issue as solved.

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Best regards