Re: What do we have that will save a manpage as we see it on-screen

On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 12:45:07PM +0100, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> man pages are written in troff/nroff (which can be compiled using groff)
> using the man style.  You can do the following, for instance:
>
> gunzip -c /usr/share/man/man1/chmod.1.gz | groff -man | lp
>
> (or replace "lp" with "gv -" to see on screen).

This appears to produce a Postscript stream.  I'm pretty sure that isn't
what Gene wanted (but who knows, since the question was apparently "how
do I save a man page's text, without markup, into a file" and the answer
turned out to be "man foo > file", which should not have required asking
a worldwide mailing list for help).