Re: New mdadm RAID1 gets renamed from md3 to md127 after each reboot

On 01.10.2021 15:50, Linux-Fan wrote:
I have observed this in the past, too and do not know how to "fix" it.

Why is it necessary for the volume to appear under /dev/md3? Might it be possible to use its UUID instead, i.e. check the output of

    ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid

to find out if your md3/md127 can be accessed by an unique ID. You could then point the entries in /etc/fstab to the UUID rather than the "unstable" device name?

It would be beneficial to have the /dev/md3 since I have a few regular expressions that look for only one digit numbers in md arrays but the main reason for me is that I do not trust the array if it randomly renames itself. Mounting via UUID would be possible but I am not sure that a few of the monitoring tools that I use like the UUID.