Re: Jessie iceweasel: This Connection is Untrusted

On 2021-10-01, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am confronted with an old Debian 8 "jessie" machine where since
> (probably) yesterday the Iceweasel browser does not work any more
> with many websites. E.g.
>
>   This Connection is Untrusted
>   lists.debian.org uses an invalid security certificate.
>   The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
>   (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

They've talking about this here for the last few days.

I unfortunately have snipped your actual question but one workaround is
to install Firefox, which comes packed with it's own certificates (or
something of the sort).

Why you're browsing with an unsupported browser in an unsupported OS is
left as an exercise for yourself.