Re: Problem installing

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 01:31:25PM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> But then it should just connect to the web and download the repository.
> Am I missing something?
>
> Because I don't need a full-blown system - I need a bare minimum...

The normal way one does this is:

1) Download the "netinst" installer image, or the "netinst with non-free
   firmware" installer image if you plan to use Wifi or X or Wayland.

2) Burn the image to a CD, a DVD, or a USB stick.

3) Boot the installer.  Install Debian stable.  Select "Standard", which
   will have the basic operating system but no GUI stuff.

4) Reboot into Debian.  Make sure everything works.

5) Upgrade to testing or unstable if required for your particular task.

6) Install a GUI if you want one.  Install whatever else you want.

I've been using Debian for a few decades now and I've *never* installed
testing or unstable directly, and I've never used a file named "mini.iso"
either.