Re: Problem installing

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 11:39:59AM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 6:28 AM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> > > This is installing Debian/Sid on a VM.
> >
> > Yeah, that would do it.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBookworm
> >
> > Whoever wrote whichever script is producing that error, needs to change
> > that script to use a different program than tempfile(1).  Which is no
> > longer available after bullseye.
>
> So what do I do?

File a bug report, ideally.  You're using unstable, so you should be
intimately familiar with how to determine which package is responsible,
and how to file a useful bug report against it.

If you are NOT intimately familiar with this, you've got no business
running unstable.

> Should I continue the install and configure the repository afterwards?
>
> If yes - how?

You would have to fix the bug yourself.  That's beyond the expectations
of most unstable users, but if you can do it, great.  Include your patch
in your bug report.  That will help the maintainer.

> As said - I'm new to Debian...

Then why on EARTH are you trying to run unstable?

Install stable.  Run that, if you can.  If you MUST upgrade to a newer
branch, then read up on how Debian's release cycle works, read up on
how the bug tracking system works, do some basic research on known issues
in the current testing and/or unstable branches, and proceed with caution
upon upgrading.

Direct installation of unstable is NEVER a supported operation.  If it
happens to work in any given month, wonderful.  As it turns out, it does
not work right now.  So stop trying to do it.