Re: What happened to cal?

Em 26/09/2021 02:24, Paul M. Foster escreveu:
Folks:

I'm wondering if I'm mis-remembering here. As I recall, there used to be
a command called "cal" which would simply print this month's calendar to
the screen. It would do other calendars, depending on command line
parameters. Now that I've moved to bullseye, I don't see the command nor
a package containing it. There is a command "gcal" which appears to do
the same thing.

Am I missing something? Was there a separate package called "cal" which
was automatically installed in earlier versions of Debian? Or was there
an automatic alias to the gcal program?

Paul

I am on Debian 11 (bullseye). 'cal' is here:

$  cal
   September 2021
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
          1  2  3  4
 5  6  7  8  9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

$  echo $LANG

$  LANG=pt_BR

$   cal
   Setembro 2021
do se te qu qu se s�
          1  2  3  4
 5  6  7  8  9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

$  ls -l /usr/bin/cal
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 mar 23  2021 /usr/bin/cal -> ncal

$