Re: upgrading and stuff

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021, Andy Smith wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 06:22:17PM -0400, songbird wrote:
Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:

[Upgrading from Debian 8.11]

  don't waste any more time trying to upgrade from a version that
ancient.

I've done 8 to 10 (by way of 9) on ten different machines in the
year preceding the 11 release and I didn't find it very difficult or
time-consuming, though admittedly these were servers and those tend
to be less complex than desktops.

Ditto, although not quite that many. The only real issue I've had is the
VM for connecting to IPMI. I had to jump throught hoops to get it
working with buster and every firefox update makes me wince! I'm
probably going to roll back eventually and keep it at a known working,
no patching, version.