Re: upgrading and stuff

Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
> For whatever it's worth,  I have no problems with a text-based login screen and then typing startx once I've logged in,  which is pretty typical of my Slackware installations anyhow.  The copy of Slackware that's running my server machine doesn't even have a GUI installed on it.  But where would I make that change?

  don't waste any more time trying to upgrade from a version that
ancient.  back up your data that you really care about and then
do a fresh install from the most recent stable version.

  i always come up with a desktop that has all my projects
set up and ready to go in various sets of terminals.  the
one terminal i fire up first is the one where i log in as
root, bring up the network and then do my morning updates
and upgrade(s) (as needed).  i do this daily because i run
testing most of the time so i do want to check out what is
being updated recently.  sounds like you would be better
off with stable.  :)

  songbird