Re: camera detection with the Zoom client

On 2021-09-21 09:50:37 +0100, piorunz wrote:
> firejail is blocking access to USB devices or other peripherals by
> default, correct?

Well, not in Debian 11 (bullseye), but this is now the intent with
the current version in Debian/unstable, and I wasn't aware of this
(no announce in Debian's NEWS file).

BTW, this blocking does not work for the audio input. I've just
reported a bug: https://github.com/netblue30/firejail/issues/4565

And in Debian:

> If it wasn't in the past, I'd say that's a security vulnerability
> being fixed, not a regression.

Well, that's a regression, because the default profile was regarded
as allowed to be access devices in the recent past. This is no longer
the case. But shouldn't such an important change (as intentional) be
announced?

> See if you can tweak your firejail profile to allow camera.

I can just add the --ignore=novideo option.