Re: camera detection with the Zoom client

On 21/09/2021 09:37, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2021-09-21 10:15:03 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
A few months ago, my webcam could be detected by the Zoom client.
But this is no longer the case. When trying the zoom test meeting,
I can't select any camera (I get "All cameras have been tested" /
"Select Camera" / "Tested 0/0"), and after going to the next test,
the camera isn't available. My machine is under Debian/unstable.

Any idea?

Note: no issues from Firefox, but the CNRS in France blocks
Zoom connections from web browsers and requires the Zoom client.

Hmm... I'm using firejail, and there is the same issue with cheese.
Thus this seems to be a regression in firejail.

firejail is blocking access to USB devices or other peripherals by
default, correct? If it wasn't in the past, I'd say that's a security
vulnerability being fixed, not a regression.

See if you can tweak your firejail profile to allow camera. I use
several firejail profiles, some of them with access to LAN etc, but for
access to USB devices like Bitcoin hardware wallet, I disable firejail
(use non-firejail separate profile just with one webpage), because I
didn't know how to allow just that and nothing else. Please share if you
find something, if could be useful.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀