Re: Message display settings by character encoding (was Re: foolish problem with installer: can't load firmware)

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 07:16:27AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2021-09-20 at 03:21, David Christensen wrote:
>
> > Your message displays strangely on Thunderbird (oversized Courier
> > font?).
>
> In my case, it displays with unusually-small characters and what looks
> like a different font, not unusually large ones.

The original mail consists of two base64-encoded blobs of content.
If you "base64 -d" the second blob, it's not even a fully proper HTML
document.  There are no initial <html> headers or anything.  It simply
begins with some lowercase English text, then <br><div> and another
line of text, </div><div> and a third line, and so on.

How your HTML-based mail user agent responds to that will depend on
the decisions made by its authors.