Re: A bug in Vim, in Mate Terminal or in Debian 11?

I did not leap any release. I did everything correctly, step by step.

The issue is not being reprodutible. I do not find a clear condition to
make it happen. Searching about your suggestion, I found that vim has a
few very important arguments, where 2 of them interest me a lot, to
isolate this issue (I guess):

$ vim -u NORC     # does not load any RC file, global or user's

$ vim -u NONE     # does not load any RC file, and also no plugin

More information can be found in vim man page, and inside vim:

:h initialization