Re: A bug in Vim, in Mate Terminal or in Debian 11?

Generally it’s not recommended to leap frog over releases and you should upgrade in order (Ex. From 9 to 10). I suspect you might need to delete some of the config files in your home directory (rename them it .bak) as the version of vim, etc might be considerable different from 9 to 11 and might have odd results. I’d recommend first renaming .vimrc to .vimrc.bak and see if that fixes it.

The next step might be to rename the config files for the mate-terminal and test to see if it’s fixed.