Re: Debian stable + backports + testing

Yoann LE BARS wrote:

> 	Usually, I am using Debian stable with backports, and I am quite happy
> with it. However, it turns out I will probably have to test some early
> versions of some software and libraries that are not in backports, such
> as Ardour and SDL2.
>
> 	Therefore, I am considering using a bit of testing into stable +
> backports. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice in doing so.
> I guess I should set its priority like this:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release o=Debian, a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 50
>
> 	Can anyone give me some piece of advice with this?

You can do this. If I didn't care much about the long-term
usability of the machine, I would do this.

On the other hand, if I did care about the machine's usability
-- say, if it was my primary machine -- then I would use KVM to
set up a virtual machine that I could use to run stable +
testing. Any time I wanted to destroy and re-create it, I would.

-dsr-