Re: Debian: LDAP migration

Le jeudi 26 août 2021 à 16:02 +0200, Dieter Heußner a écrit :
> My aim is that the LDAP server runs on a supported Debian version
> (v10 or
> v11). As far as I understand the IT situation with respect to LDAP
> server,
> there are two alternatives:
> 1. Upgrade LDAP server from Debian v6.0.4 to v6.10, then to v10 (via
> v7, v8
>     and v9). Later on to v11.
> 2. Install a new LDAP server based on Debian v11 (from scratch) and
> migrate
>     the current LDAP configuration to the new LDAP server.
>
> I reckon that both variants have their pros and cons.
> What are your recommendations? Any hints? Any caveats?
> Who DID migrate a LDAP configuration from an unsupported Debian
> version to a
> supported one? How did you achieve it?

Hello,

As the DEB82 ldap (probably) uses an unsupported backend (bdb), you
would have to backup/trash/restore your database to switch to a
supported one (mdb). So I'd take the new (11) install.

NB: I did not try the migration at once, as I've done each one soon
after release, but my config date back the 6 or 7 area (I even have a
flat slapd.conf on consumer node)

Regards,

--
Bastien