Re: smart fans

David Christensen wrote:

> Nice case.  :-)

Yeah, I guess :)

> The purpose of the plate at the bottom is to form
> a thermally isolated chamber for the the power supply.
> The unperforated portions of the top surface could be
> covered with sound absorbing material.

What material would that be?

And, won't it prevent the airflow and/or prevent heat from
exiting the case?

> Conspicuously absent are drive cages; but I do see drive
> case mounting screw holes. If drives are not needed, the
> mounting surface could be covered with sound
> absorbing material.

The HDD is below with the PSU, I think.

I got an idea, aren't the noise specified by the manufacturer?

Here it says "Low-noise operation of up to 14.9dB(A)",
that's for the Shadow Wings 2 140mm PWM.
<https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/1701>

The CPU fans are "Low-noise operation of up to 15.9dB(A)", the
Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM.
<https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/1626>

And the non-PWM Shadow Wings 2 140mm is
"Low-noise operation of up to 14.7dB(A)"
<https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/1699>

So that's 4/5 fans accounted for, I have to restart the
computer to see exactly what fan the remaining is. Anyway

db(A): 14.9, 15.9 (2), 14.7

How is it with db(A), if you have x db(A) from one thing, and
you have two of these, does that mean you perceive that as
2x db(A)?

Here is the HDD BTW

$ sudo lshw -class disk
  *-disk
       product: SAMSUNG HD204UI
       physical id: 0.0.0
       bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
       logical name: /dev/sda
       version: 0001
       serial: S2H7J9EB402836
       size: 1863GiB (2TB)
       capabilities: gpt-1.00 partitioned partitioned:gpt
       configuration: ansiversion=5 guid=db8df009-609b-46e9-a61a-f2f913361b17 logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal