Re: kodi and gnome-control-center conflict on bullseye

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 05:37:52PM +0200, Tristan Miller wrote:
> # apt install kodi gnome-control-center
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> kodi is already the newest version (2:19.1+dfsg2-2).
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:19.1+dfsg2-2) but it is not going to be
> installed
>         Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:19.1+dfsg2-2.1~) but it is not going to be
> installed

Do you have any packages on hold?  dpkg -l | grep ^h

Do you have any packages pinned, either manually, or by way of some
automatic action performed by apt-listbugs?  I'm not an expert in
pinning, but maybe start with:  grep -ri pin /etc/apt

If neither of these is the case, then I'd try:

apt-cache polisy kodi kodi-bin      # just to get some information

And if that looks OK, then:

apt install kodi kodi-bin

Or maybe:

apt -f install    # with no packages, just to try to fix what's broken

In all cases, be prepared to tell apt "No" if it asks you to do something
that looks undesirable, like removing stuff you care about.