Re: Debian 11 installer crashed and reboot

Hi,

Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> A quick solution would not even require any recompilation
> of a kernel, since we know the kernel and ramdisk of
> an installed bullseye system does work in a Xen HVM guest.
> [...]
> I am not familiar with the process that the debian installer team
> uses to generate the installation ISOs, but if I wanted to learn
> I would start by looking at
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/CheckOut

If there are no checksums in the ISO which would cover the initially
booted kernel and the ramdisk, then you could also go the path of

  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO

This article mainly shows how to determine the necessary arguments for
the ISO 9660 producing program. Nevertheless, in
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO#Methods_to_overwrite.2C_delete.2C_or_add_files
it shows some ways how to do the desired manipulations of the ISO's
file tree.

I assume that questions about the entrails of a Debian installation ISO
are best asked at debian-cd mailing list. (Although two of the experts
there happen to be also our friendly list hosts here.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas