Re: Reading of release notes (was Re: Still on stretch, getting ready for bullseye)

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Aside: I have never (to the best of my recollection) done an upgrade from one
> version to the next, I install the new version on a clean disk (or new system)
> -- the only time I could envision doing an upgrade would be if stable became a
> rolling release.

  running testing is pretty much like running a rolling release.
except of course, when it is frozen at times.

  because i've also got a different stable partition which is
only updated after point releases i don't mind risking the
once in a while snafu that i have to work through.

  my morning routine is to watch what comes through in the
package updates and set some aside if i think they might be
too intrusive and i'm in the middle of something else.

  this is more than most people probably want to do but i
don't mind it - it keeps me in tune with what is changing.  :)

  songbird