Re: Debian 11 Live USB with persistence?

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z <santiagopinth@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to do something exactly like that some months ago.
> What I ended up doing is using a normal Debian installation
> with an overlay file system mounted over the root.
> It is too tricky to get the live images working with persistence.

Thanks, but I actually did get persistence going with the Debian Live
with some help from Thomas Schmitt earlier. GRML too but they provide a
tool to create a working stick.

Your method seems rather more complicated but great if it works for you!

I have to admit I'm getting sick and tired of the performance of my
random old USB sticks. I built a USB SSD some years ago but it has other
uses. I guess it's time to build or buy another.