Re: Debian 11: sources.list for conservative server?

On 17/08/2021 18:08, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 06:00:25PM +0100, piorunz wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Packages from bullseye-updates, eventually trickle down to bullseye?

https://wiki.debian.org/StableUpdates

   Some packages from proposed-updates may also be made available via the
   stable-updates mechanism. This path will be used for updates which many
   users may wish to install on their systems before the next point release
   is made, such as updates to virus scanners and timezone data. All
   packages from stable-updates will be included in point releases.

Excellent, that's exactly what I wanted to have definitive answer for.
So I don't need to have bullseye-updates, because everything what is
there will descent to bullseye on 11.1 point release, then few months
later again in 11.2, and so on. bullseye-updates are not necessary for
conservative server.

--

With kindest regards, piorunz.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀