Re: what binds to port

Brian (12021-08-02):
> My thinking is that a USB printer uses libusb, just as a scanner does.
> No kernel driver involved. The printer drivers are "internal" to CUPS.

The output of `/sbin/modinfo usblp` confirms there is a kernel driver
for USB printers.

filename:       /lib/modules/5.10.0-8-amd64/kernel/drivers/usb/class/usblp.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Michael Gee, Pavel Machek, Vojtech Pavlik, Randy Dunlap, Pete Zaitcev, David Paschal

It is entirely possible that both this and generic libusb access are
supported.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George