Grub efi etc

Hi.
After I put EFI in sda1 Refracta installer was not satisfied and told me to put 'boot installer' in, and write some (unspecified) text in fstab, but wasn't in ETC.

How and what to write in fstab?

You tell me to specify question.
How to specify a total mess?
I'm trying to put a (Debian fork), Devuan x86_64 installed, in a ssd 1T external drive connected with usb to my old Mac (with dual boot Linux mint i386 -works, but cannot Zoom/Skype) +Devuan('boots' blinking ? only).
After installed x86_64 almost finished with gdisk, Refracta asks me to put in 'boot installer'. I thought it was EFI(, that I put in sda1) ?
Saw a message:
"Efi not supported." In Devuan(?).
But Mint said it would only EFI it,
& then it worked. But only in 32b.
Debian and Devuan obviously don't mix with Mint. And vice versa. Why not, really? You can learn around Efi & Grub from each other. Now you're both leaving it all up to Rod Smith.
But to me it seems a bit too much for 1 man/team. Is Linux necessary to be such a mess ?